Maldon District Museum and History Research Centre hold wonderful collections of artefacts, photographs and historical records related to the Maldon District which are used to tell our stories
Our collection was started in 1966 by the Maldon Progress, Publicity and Tourist Association, and since 1993 has been under the custodianship of Maldon Museum & Archives Association Inc.
The collection continues to grow, and our members and volunteers continue to research, document, preserve and present it in a way which helps visitors to understand the past, reflect on the present and look to the future.
Our Association is largely self-reliant. Its successful operation relies on the commitment and huge contribution of time and expertise of our many volunteers and supporters, and income primarily produced from museum entrance and research fees, and membership subscriptions. From time to time financial assistance has been received from various funding bodies for special projects, for example conservation and equipment purchases.
The district settlements covered by the collection include Baringhup, Bradford, Eaglehawk, Gowar, Maldon, Muckleford, Neereman, Nuggetty, Pollard, Ravenswood South, Sandy Creek, Shelbourne, Tarrangower, Walmer, Woodbrook (Chinaman’s Creek), parts of Eddington and Welshman’s Reef, and the Cairn Curran Reservoir construction settlement at Baringhup (1947 to 1956).
For a taste of the Maldon District’s rich and varied history visit the History page.
Maldon Museum & Archives Association Inc. – Registration No: A0026994G ABN: 60 516 687 425